- VPC 2022 is open to all academicians and students in higher education, teachers, and secondary and primary school students.
- Participation may be as an individual or in a group (maximum 10 people per entry)
- A combination of academicians and students is encouraged
- Product or innovation must be related to Information sciences; library, archive, information system, and records management
- Participants are allowed to submit more than one entry. Each entry requires individual registration for each participation
- Participants are responsible to obtain intellectual property (IP) conflicts and disagreements
- The title is short and draws interest
- The Word count is about 300-800 words
- The text is clear and to the point
- The use of bullets, numbering and headlines make it easy to read
- Effective use of graphics, color, and font
- The poster should be submitted in PDF form (standard size 42x60cm; portrait layout)
Video Presentation Guidelines
A short video presentation is required to explain the poster. Presentation MUST NOT EXCEED FIVE (5) minutes.
Participants are encouraged to structure their presentation according to the following format:
- Project name
- Leader, Project Member(s) & Institution
- Brief Introduction/Background
- Problem Statement(s)
- Benefits to intended users and society
- Commercialization potentials
- Awards/recognition received (if applicable)
A panel of judges will be appointed to evaluate the submissions for the competition. Your product will be judged based on the following criteria:
This is to ensure the originality and ingenuity of the product.
This is to ensure the IP ownership steps are taken, and the marketability of the product in terms of profitability.
This includes the practicality and usage of the product for the benefit of the community and its ability to enhance better and more comfortable living.
The overall design, display and packaging of the product
This includes the attractiveness of the product in terms of the selection of its name, colour, practicality, user-friendliness, packaging etc.
The judges' decision is final, and no disputes or appeals will be entertained.